Kenneth Cassman, Ph.D., University of Nebraska, Department of Agronomy & Horticulture, talked about his view of limited yield improvement for crops through new genetic improvement of nitrogen efficiency. He was the keynote speaker at the recent “Improving Nitrogen Use Efficiency” conference.
Improved use of N by plants not an answer
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture