Gary Fisher, general manager of United Soils, Inc., explains how the company has stuck with hand probe soil sampling since its inception about 20 years ago. The company has expanded into offering a wide assortment of soil lab services and its precision “iF.A.R.M.” software.
Hand probe soil sampling still efficient
- Study says neonics are widespread in Iowa waters
- Tremendous response to Iowa’s new nutrient reduction program
- A good corn crop is taking shape
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- Renegotiating cash rents down for 2015
- U.S. farmers resort to giant storage bags to avoid cheap sales