Ray Massey, Ph.D., University of Missouri, professor of economics, has studied the impacts associated with risk and reward to farmers in changing planting and harvesting date. He and Pat Guinan, Ph.D., Extension assistant professor of climatology, made a presentation at the University of Missouri Crop Management Conference.
Early planting doesn’t mean earlier harvest
- Farm Market iD releases 2013 Land and Grower Database
- Even in isolated, pristine Tasmania, pressure for GMO farming
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- Maire Tecnimont to build $1.6 billion U.S. fertilizer plant
- Corn price premiums continue to fade