Ray Massey, Ph.D., University of Missouri, professor of economics, has studied the impacts associated with risk and reward to farmers in changing planting and harvesting date. He and Pat Guinan, Ph.D., Extension assistant professor of climatology, made a presentation at the University of Missouri Crop Management Conference.
Early planting doesn’t mean earlier harvest
- Farmland price outlook in 2014 and beyond
- Climate change to cut South Asia's growth 9% by 2100
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- As risk of drought rises, Australian farmers struggle to invest
- Soybean aphids make an unusual appearance
- Livestock futures led most ag markets lower Wednesday morning
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Agricultural associations respond to government shutdown