Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University meteorologist, explains that the impact of the drought could continue if the states of Iowa and Illinois have less than 18 inches of moisture to recharge droughty soils by the end of planting 2013, and that will require above normal rainfall as of Oct. 1 through the end of June.
Drought could continue without soil recharge
- USDA reminds farmers of 2014 farm bill conservation compliance
- AgGateway offers precision ag standards for seeding operations
- Phytech reveals its PlantBeat service to U.S. farmers
- Accurate plant tissue analysis starts at the crop sample
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning
- Agreement to deliver real time data and precision analytics