F. Howard Halderman of Halderman Farm Management Services provided his point of view about why more commercial investors don't follow through on farmland investing. He comments were made at the annual meeting of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
Commercial investment in farmland is hard
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture