Big data can come off crop fields
Dan Frieberg, owner of Precision Crop Systems, who spoke at the InfoAg Conference, explains about taking data from fields to create new data and knowledge, and all these observations and information points being compiled into “big data.” As he notes, big data as referred to in consumer research is different than big data in agriculture.
- EIA expects global oil consumption to grow in 2014
- Soy, wheat markets surged Tuesday
- Work underway to improve malting barley quality
- Commentary: Water police, part two: EPA proposal won't help ag
- Ukraine-Russia situation apparently boosted wheat futures again
- New and cool thought-leadership opportunities with LinkedIn
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants