Big data can come off crop fields
Dan Frieberg, owner of Precision Crop Systems, who spoke at the InfoAg Conference, explains about taking data from fields to create new data and knowledge, and all these observations and information points being compiled into “big data.” As he notes, big data as referred to in consumer research is different than big data in agriculture.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America