John Blanchfield, American Banker Association and Center for Agriculture and Rural Banking, talks about top concerns that people in agriculture should consider and understand. He provides a view from an association involved in representing rural banking and based in Washington, D.C. He spoke at the American Society of Agricultural Consultants’ recent meeting.
Banker provides points to consider
- Try to apply fall herbicide treatments before December
- USDA to improve rural telecommunications infrastructure
- Slow U.S. grain harvest, fast use easing squeeze on storage
- Yara expands fertilizer capacity in Porsgrunn, Norway
- Xanthion In-furrow fungicide receives registration
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed Wednesday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta