John Blanchfield, American Banker Association and Center for Agriculture and Rural Banking, talks about top concerns that people in agriculture should consider and understand. He provides a view from an association involved in representing rural banking and based in Washington, D.C. He spoke at the American Society of Agricultural Consultants’ recent meeting.
Banker provides points to consider
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- No export bonanza this year from record U.S. harvest
- Breeding soybeans that can tolerate heat, drought
- Crop storage issues may be less severe than anticipated
- Summit on herbicide resistance now available online
- Ag markets proved generally mixed Monday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals