About the Event:
The 63rd annual North Dakota Crop Improvement and Seed Association (NDCISA) meeting will be held at the Radisson Hotel in Bismarck on Feb. 4-5.
The conference begins on Feb. 4 with a seed allocation meeting at 8 a.m.
followed by the NDCISA board of directors meeting at 9:30 a.m. On Feb. 5, there will be committee meetings, a business meeting, guest speakers and a luncheon.
Speakers include Elias Elias, North Dakota State University durum wheat breeder and university distinguished professor; Todd West, NDSU associate professor of horticulture and NDSU woody plant improvement program director; and Paul Schwarz, NDSU malting barley quality professor.
The Feb. 5 schedule, topics and speakers are:
- * 7:30 a.m. - registration
- * 8:15 a.m. - committee meetings
- * 9 a.m. - business meeting
- * 10:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. - guest speakers and luncheon
- * Durum wheat breeding and genetics in North Dakota - Elias
- * Why develop trees for a prairie: A look into the NDSU woody plant improvement program - West
- * Beer and barley in the U.S.: 1602-2015 - Schwarz
The conference is free and open to the public. However, registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Toni Muffenbier, NDCISA office manager, at (701) 231-8067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org