John Deere Direct Injection
|Equipment Category||Application Accessories|
|Model||John Deere Direct Injection|
|Features & Options||
One of many John Deere solutions featured at the 2013 MAGIE Show was the fully integrated Direct Injection kit. Direct Injection allows operators to carry up to 235 gallons of product and up to three separate chemicals at once on the 4940 Self-Propelled Sprayer. It injects chemicals directly into the boom so operators can isolate higher residual risk chemicals in the injection system while mixing lower risk chemicals in the solution tank. The benefits include easier changeover between crops and chemicals, quicker load times and less wasted chemical inputs. Direct Injection also provides a practical solution in managing the growing problem of herbicide-resistance weeds.
- Adjusting corn management practices for a late start
- Black cutworm spring arrival has hostile welcome
- Reniform nematode continues to plague the Mid-South
- Japan has not narrowed trade differences with U.S.
- USDA awards grants to address impact of climate change on ag
- Innovation helps corn plants better withstand drought stress
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- DuPont calls on Congress to preserve RFS