Will Wetting Agents Move From Turf to Crops?
O'Connell is enthusiastic about the research being conducted by his company and hopes it leads to much more. However, he is also concerned that in times of drought, soil wetters can be seen as a panacea. "They are one of a number of tools that can be used along with drought-tolerant crops that the seed companies are working on," he said. "Hopefully, multiple tools will be used in tandem."
This is not to say that every product is equal. The formulation is key as wetting agents have been refined for different scenarios. Fyhr noted the spread of products available in the home and turf market and the claims made, some with nothing behind them. "End users and their retail suppliers need to look for the data behind the product," he said. "Study the claims and the data."
Extreme claims are always a red flag. "The whole thing is about data. Does the product hold water...literally," O'Connell added. "There are products out there that we have seen that are fairy dust. They don't have the right data that shows water being held or moved into the correct part of the soil profile. Without the data, you should be suspicious."
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.