Top 10 new products of 2013
Apivar kills up to 99 percent of Varroa mites in one application; it has proven safe and effective; it leaves no significant residues in hive products; and it is convenient and easy to use.”
Varroa mites damage honeybees by feeding off their haemolymph (blood), particularly at the larval stage, where they weaken the host bees and introduce other diseases, viruses and bacteria.
Several research projects conducted by scientists in the U.S., Canada and many European and Asian nations have demonstrated Apivar’s safety and eff ectiveness when used in accordance with instructions. Similarly, other studies have proven that residues of Apivar’s active ingredient in honey and wax consistently fall below the limits of detection, and are well below the strict limits allowed by many regulatory bodies, notably the U.S. EPA and the European Medicines Agency.
Apivar’s long-acting, low-dose formulation means that when beekeepers handle and apply the product as directed, they can be confident they will not be exposed to any hazardous compounds. Apivar does not emit vapors into the beehive atmosphere or the surrounding environment during application, nor does it require measuring, mixing or any complicated application procedures.
Véto-pharma S.A. is a veterinary pharmaceutical company that develops and markets innovative products to help commercial and hobbyist beekeepers prevent and control hive diseases and improve honeybee health. Véto-pharma’s products are sold to beekeepers through distributors in North America, Europe and Asia. With headquarters in Paris, the company’s U.S. operations are based in New York, N.Y. AG
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?