Too little long-term planning and extraneous debates
Other laws or regulations that were reportedly at least proposed to be part of any farm bill discussion included the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) and Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).
Of course, the big target by the activists has been to get rid of the genetically modified organism (GMO) rider that keeps farmers from being penalized for planting approved GMO crops when the activists get the courts to consider banning the approved GMO crops. This is the activist-termed “Monsanto Protection Act.”
Limiting the extraneous debates are impossible. In my way of thinking, there is no doubt that rural members of Congress have less power than ever to force legislation through, and less attention is being paid to what agribusiness, farmers and ranchers want.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Layco Declining Weight Blend System