Strong showing for ARAPAC Events
The ARA Political Action Committee (ARAPAC) holds special events each year at ARA’s annual conference and expo to raise money to use toward helping to elect and re-elect members of Congress who support ag retailers and distributors’ issues. Money was raised this year through the annual golf tournament and with a dinner and auction at Trump’s Doral Resort and Spa.
This year’s live auction featured a Florida auctioneer, Chad “Cracker” Johnson. The night’s theme was “Havana Nights.” A silent auction was also held at this year’s conference.
Some of the featured items up for bids at the live auction included NASCAR packages from Brandt, a day of work from ARA president and CEO Daren Coppock, a John Deere gun safe, a trip to Gettysburg, a Top Gun Experience to fly with a fighter pilot, a Hawaiian vacation, tickets to see the St. Louis Cardinals from Monsanto’s corporate suite at Busch Stadium, tickets to two days of the 2014 U.S. Open Golf Tournament, and a John Deere Gator RXS850i. Many more products, events and services were offered for both silent and live auction.
Golf Tournament Highlights
One of the highlights of every ARA conference and expo is the golf tournament, which is a special event that gains a lot of attention and participation. In 2013, golfers played The Great White Course and the Gold Course at Doral Resort. Approximately 156 participants took part in the golf tournament.
First Place Team: Paul Edsten, DuPont Company; Gene Vernon, J.R. Simplot Company; William Kuckuck, CropLife America; and Bret Horner, DuPont Company.
Second Place Team: Chris Simoni, J.R. Simplot Company; Mark Auchampach, J.R. Simplot Company; Dean Miller, Big Valley Ag. Products, Inc.; and Bob Higby, Integrated Agribusiness Professionals.
Third Place Team: Bob Dude, Winfield Solutions; Mark Helt, Monsanto Company; Steve Briggs, South Dakota Wheat Growers; and Jon Nienas, Monsanto Company.
White Course Closest to the Hole #6: Curt Harbach, HarBrand
White Course Closest to the Hole #16: Kent McPherson, GreenPoint Ag
Gold Course Closest to the Hole #7: Matt Harrelson, Oxbow Fertilizer, LLC
Gold Course Closest to the Hole #12: Josh Miller, River Bend Ag, LLC
White Course Longest Drive Hole #12: David Stepp, Union Bank
Gold Course Longest Drive Hole #16: Matt Harrelson, Oxbow Fertilizer, LLC
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?