Strong showing for ARAPAC Events
The ARA Political Action Committee (ARAPAC) holds special events each year at ARA’s annual conference and expo to raise money to use toward helping to elect and re-elect members of Congress who support ag retailers and distributors’ issues. Money was raised this year through the annual golf tournament and with a dinner and auction at Trump’s Doral Resort and Spa.
This year’s live auction featured a Florida auctioneer, Chad “Cracker” Johnson. The night’s theme was “Havana Nights.” A silent auction was also held at this year’s conference.
Some of the featured items up for bids at the live auction included NASCAR packages from Brandt, a day of work from ARA president and CEO Daren Coppock, a John Deere gun safe, a trip to Gettysburg, a Top Gun Experience to fly with a fighter pilot, a Hawaiian vacation, tickets to see the St. Louis Cardinals from Monsanto’s corporate suite at Busch Stadium, tickets to two days of the 2014 U.S. Open Golf Tournament, and a John Deere Gator RXS850i. Many more products, events and services were offered for both silent and live auction.
Golf Tournament Highlights
One of the highlights of every ARA conference and expo is the golf tournament, which is a special event that gains a lot of attention and participation. In 2013, golfers played The Great White Course and the Gold Course at Doral Resort. Approximately 156 participants took part in the golf tournament.
First Place Team: Paul Edsten, DuPont Company; Gene Vernon, J.R. Simplot Company; William Kuckuck, CropLife America; and Bret Horner, DuPont Company.
Second Place Team: Chris Simoni, J.R. Simplot Company; Mark Auchampach, J.R. Simplot Company; Dean Miller, Big Valley Ag. Products, Inc.; and Bob Higby, Integrated Agribusiness Professionals.
Third Place Team: Bob Dude, Winfield Solutions; Mark Helt, Monsanto Company; Steve Briggs, South Dakota Wheat Growers; and Jon Nienas, Monsanto Company.
White Course Closest to the Hole #6: Curt Harbach, HarBrand
White Course Closest to the Hole #16: Kent McPherson, GreenPoint Ag
Gold Course Closest to the Hole #7: Matt Harrelson, Oxbow Fertilizer, LLC
Gold Course Closest to the Hole #12: Josh Miller, River Bend Ag, LLC
White Course Longest Drive Hole #12: David Stepp, Union Bank
Gold Course Longest Drive Hole #16: Matt Harrelson, Oxbow Fertilizer, LLC
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ports and River Receiving Systems