Seed treatments like Poncho/VOTiVO are applied by the milligram
“Downstream seed treating has exploded in the past five years,” Grossweiler said. “Now, more than 70 percent of all soybeans are treated with a fungicide and over 50 percent are treated with an insecticide.”
Multiple products applied on each bean is the norm these days. It is common for three to five products to be applied because many more products are on the market, including Poncho/VOTiVO and other biologicals, inoculants and nutritionals. Bayer CropScience is trying to educate ag retailers/seed dealers to be prepared to treat seed using the ultimate equipment to help them be set for years to come.
Grossweiler explains that the On Demand system is high precision for multiple products of low-use-rate chemistry, allows for preloaded computerized recipes of weighed chemistry (not volume measured), has reporting capabilities for a print-out of pounds of seed treated with specific compounds and the per seed milligrams applied, and is a closed system for minimizing potential operator chemical contact.
Grossweiler notes that skilled operators are still needed, “Due to changing environmental conditions, such as temperature and humidity, there is a certain amount of art to operating any type of seed treater, even the On Demand system.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Blend and Bulk Tower Systems