Sales & Marketing: To grow your company, grow your culture
Reinforcement of the values and recognizing, rewarding and celebrating the avatars of the values is the beginning of sustainment. Catching people doing something right on a regular basis is more valuable than only pointing out the violations. One client of ours required managers to recognize every direct report for giving some positive display every month. That takes a lot of effort, but the results can be significant. Another client recognizes a few employees every month in front of the entire company for great examples of living out the culture and values.
If you recently compiled your company objectives and you’re missing cultural objectives, go back to the drawing board and clarify what you want and need in the organization’s culture to be in order for it to be optimized and empower your people to make the changes needed to get it into shape.
On the platform with a president of one of the oldest Fortune 500’s, I asked what were the highest priority keys to such a long running and successful company and how did managing the values and culture play into his role. He said, “The values are the key to our success, and maintaining them and reinforcing them is my highest priority.”
Mark Faust is a growth advisor, professional speaker and founder of Echelon Management International, a growth and turnaround consulting firm. His new book "Growth or Bust! Proven Turnaround Strategies To Grow Your Business" is available at all Barnes and Noble stores or contact 513.791.5158 or MDavis@BN.com for quantity discounts.
- Junge Control introduces Zone Automation
- UAV maker PrecisionHawk receives $10 million in financing
- Tool helps track insects blowing in the wind
- FAO calls for “paradigm shift” toward sustainable agriculture
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Weed seed present at harvest offers weed control opportunity
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto