On-Farm Precision Research
More complicated comparisons, such as strip trials going across changing soil types and different elevations, can generate precision data statistics too sophisticated for a farmer to evaluate, Wagner noted. “The main thing with all these statistics is to get help because it is extremely important that you know you spent your summer doing something worthwhile and accomplished something,” he said.
Steve Cubbage Robertson and other service providers see their value to farmers as being more important than ever because of all the data that has to be gathered, analyzed and interpreted. Steve Cubbage, president of Prime Meridian LLC, explained the need for a service provider like himself helping farmers who are incorporating precision ag into their operations. He spoke at last year’s AgGateway annual meeting.
Cubbage is adamant that unaffiliated, independent service providers need to be the data cop for gathering and interpreting—a trustworthy source of analysis and securing data. He said gathering all the data from various sources and precision systems is like being a “modern day cat herder” serving the farmer.
Whether it be every day precision farming or on-farm research, farmers need numbers from technology that can be compiled in a significant way. Wagner said, “It is extremely important to figure the probability and chances of repeating positive results.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ports and River Receiving Systems