Logistics pays off for nutrient sampling
Photo by NCRS Tissue sampling is becoming a bigger aspect of the Ceres Solutions AgVantage program. Scheduling of sampling becomes even more important and complicated when tissue sampling is involved. Walker explained, “We are going to sample 500 fields this summer for tissue samples. Tissue sampling is not like soil sampling when you can just show up one time and you are done. You have got to show up at that tissue sample field three or four times during the season. And you have to show up on the right day for the right growth stage.”
The answer for scheduling put Walker back to working with software programmers to figure out how to use planting dates, seed selection, scouting information, a calculator for growing degree days and more to schedule tissue sampling.
The computer software program calculates sampling dates based on the information entered. The dates are manually entered into the AgLogic system so that a sampling route and spatial reference can be established.
The logistics information captured for soil and tissue sampling shows the sampling pattern throughout a field and even where to restart sampling if it had to be suspended due to rain or dark.
Using the software programs provides a positive return on investment for Ceres Solutions. Walker said, “We are in a much better place than we were five or six years ago.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Junge Control Inc.