Local Farm Manager Keeps Clients Ahead of the Curve, Wins Award
Added Schmitt’s daughter, Britni: “My dad is just amazing with my kids. He’s such a good role model for them. He has all of the qualities that I want my kids to possess when they get older.”
Agriculture is an ever-changing industry, which brings uncertainty. But Schmitt’s years of experience as a farm manager have taught him that change can also bring opportunity.
“We always have to keep our eyes open for opportunities that exist,” he said. “There will always be change, but the key to success is growing strong through that change.”
AWARD WINNING PERFORMANCE
Schmitt received the 2013 Professional Farm Manager of the Year award at the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA) 84rd Annual Convention and Tradeshow, held Nov. 11 to 15 in Reno, Nev.
To honor Schmitt for this achievement, Syngenta made a $1,000 donation in his name to the Greene County 4-H Foundation, an organization that helps develop future agricultural leaders in his hometown.
“I would like to thank Syngenta, AgProfessional magazine and the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers for giving me the opportunity to join such a great group of honorees,” Schmitt said.
The Professional Farm Manager of the Year Award has been presented since 1986.
To watch a video honoring Ken Schmitt, visit www.youtube.com/syngentaagus.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement