Zero tolerance for weeds in corn is imporant
A pre-emergence application of Corvus has worked well for Minchow in growing corn, and he has not had to make a post-emergence application in every field. He only hopes using multiple modes of action and multiple applications of products whenever a weed is discovered will keep him from having a problem with waterhemp and Palmer amaranth.
“Corvus offers excellent control of most weeds when applied as a one pass program, but for situations where waterhemp and Palmer amaranth are present,” Bloomberg explained, “a two pass program will be needed due to the extended germination window of these two weed species.”
He added that as part of this two pass program, Bayer CropScience recommends the herbicides used contain several differing but effective sites of action for control of these species.
“By using differing site of action herbicides in these programs, this should help slow the development of herbicide resistance,” Bloomberg said. For example, if Corvus is used as the pre-emergence option, a grower can come back with a postemergence program containing Laudis or Capreno. In the interest of helping manage and prevent weed resistance from developing, these postemergence options should also contain another effective site of action herbicide such as an auxin or atrazine.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company