In Perspective: Are you relevant?
For example, posting a job listing online at a site like Craigslist, Monster or CareerBuilder is not reaching the best candidates any more. Potential employees are being found through social media, which has become the more relevant medium for job hunting and networking. Sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and others are where headhunters and other human resource departments are going to find the best relevant candidates.
One participant in that workshop shared how he often watches the employees at his local McDonald’s to see if they have some of the skills and qualities he’s looking for, such as a good attitude, is friendly with customers and co-workers, resolves conflicts, etc. Employers can train people to do the menial and technical aspects of a job, but attitude and a willingness to learn are key traits potential candidates have that set them apart. This participant encouraged other retailers to not be afraid to step outside of the box in hiring potential candidates and he reminded them to be open when meeting people. They just might be your next employee.
So, watch for the topic of relevance to be key in 2013. This concept could be a huge driver in what makes one retailer stand out from another.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Hawaiian GMO crop registry implantation halted
- Maryland leaders stall phosphorus regulations
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- Agricultural subsidies remain a staple in the industrial world
- Canada, South Korea conclude long-delayed free trade deal
- Syngenta halts sales of new GMO corn seed in Canada
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company