Breaching the ethanol 'blend wall' proving tough!
EPA also proposed the biodiesel mandate hold steady in 2014 and 2015 at 1.280 billion gallons, same as in 2013. Further, the advanced fuels requirement would be slashed to 2.21 billion gallons from 2.75 billion in 2013.
Corn and soybean markets reacted negatively because these “leaked” proposals were for deeper cuts than most anticipated. Just days after the “leak,” EPA officials were back-pedaling furiously, insisting the “leaked” proposals indicating significant cuts to ethanol mandates for 2014 were only “draft proposals” and that “decisions about the mandates for next year have not been finalized.” Further, EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy said that no decisions would be made on 2014 standards until “stakeholders have a chance to comment on any proposals.” And that, sadly, almost guarantees final proposals will be a muddled mixture of politics and economics that will satisfy no one. AG
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Ports and River Receiving Systems