Biodiesel Needs/Deserves Support
BIODIESEL IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO
As a supplier seeking customers, Lockart said an even bigger challenge than the cost of biodiesel is winter use. It is one that he has been working to overcome, with extended use through the winter by the Ag-Land FS vehicle fleet that runs B11 or B20 blends year round. Many of their fleet customers are now doing the same with no issues reported in several years.
"We've proven B20 is efficient and, if used right, can be used year round," said Lockart. "Even when soybean prices go up as they have, we still have a market for it here, thanks to the sales tax exemption. Biodiesel can run 15 cents less than diesel in Illinois. With the blenders credit, it runs about even with diesel in surrounding states."
Biodiesel evangelist Lockart insisted there is much more to the story. It is a gospel he is eager to share, and one he feels is increasingly important to prospective customers. It is also one that Ag-Land FS has extensive data to support.
"Putting aside the economics, we want people to understand that biodiesel is just the right thing to do," he said. "It lowers emissions and reduces foreign oil imports. It may sound corny, but I've never worked with a product in my 20 years in energy that I could feel as good about at the end of the day."
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.