ASFMRA: Trends in California land value
The largest land value increases were in open farmland, with ample irrigation water that could be planted to permanent plantings. With the decline in the housing market, there have been instances where undeveloped rural housing subdivision lots have been purchased in bulk and planted to permanent plantings.
Does the rapid increase in land values indicate the danger in a crash in the market? The market is still strong and the economic outlook is still good, however, the largest concern is the future of foreign demand. A strong dollar and reduced Chinese demand for products could significantly impact grower’s profitability. Lower profitability in the agricultural sector, combined with higher profitability in stocks and bonds could result in a rapid exit by investors from the agricultural land market. In the early 1980’s, a modest increase in the land on the market, along with low commodity prices, resulted in a nearly 50 percent drop in agricultural land values. Let’s hope that history doesn’t repeat itself.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ports and River Receiving Systems