ARA Awards: ARA honors the industry’s finest
Prior to his work with ARA, Thrift held various executive management, marketing and sales positions within the ag industry, primarily at American Cyanamid and BASF.
This award is presented annually to an individual whose talents and accomplishments have fundamentally advanced the agricultural retail industry and have been acknowledged for accomplishments over the course of their career.
A new award added this year was the AgGateway and ARA Technology Award. Winfield Solutions received the award for its R-7 tool, which is a precision farming solution that enables variable-rate prescription for seed, crop protection and crop nutrient applications. As the winner of the contest, the company explained its product during a Technology Breakout Session on Nov. 28. All ARA members were invited earlier in the year to submit nominations for a new technology to be featured during a breakout session. The membership then voted on ARA’s website for the winner. AgGateway presented Winfield Solutions with a $1,000 check to the charity of Winfield’s choice.
What has become an annual award presented by the AGCO Application Equipment division during the conference and expo, is the Operator of the Year Award. Mark Sharitz, director of marketing for the division, introduced the four finalists and the award winner, Glen Slabaugh, applicator operator for Clunette Elevator Co. in Leesburg, Ind. The winner each year is chosen based on his commitment to the profession, performance in the field and community involvement.
- China adopts stricter pesticide residue standard
- Researchers target soybean disease with genetic resistance study
- K-State Cropping Systems Field Day Set Aug. 28 in Garden City
- Ag markets ended the week in mixed fashion
- Ag turned decidedly mixed Friday morning
- Fall armyworm moth capture sees big jump
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014