ARA Awards: ARA honors the industry’s finest
Prior to his work with ARA, Thrift held various executive management, marketing and sales positions within the ag industry, primarily at American Cyanamid and BASF.
This award is presented annually to an individual whose talents and accomplishments have fundamentally advanced the agricultural retail industry and have been acknowledged for accomplishments over the course of their career.
A new award added this year was the AgGateway and ARA Technology Award. Winfield Solutions received the award for its R-7 tool, which is a precision farming solution that enables variable-rate prescription for seed, crop protection and crop nutrient applications. As the winner of the contest, the company explained its product during a Technology Breakout Session on Nov. 28. All ARA members were invited earlier in the year to submit nominations for a new technology to be featured during a breakout session. The membership then voted on ARA’s website for the winner. AgGateway presented Winfield Solutions with a $1,000 check to the charity of Winfield’s choice.
What has become an annual award presented by the AGCO Application Equipment division during the conference and expo, is the Operator of the Year Award. Mark Sharitz, director of marketing for the division, introduced the four finalists and the award winner, Glen Slabaugh, applicator operator for Clunette Elevator Co. in Leesburg, Ind. The winner each year is chosen based on his commitment to the profession, performance in the field and community involvement.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company