ARA Awards: ARA honors the industry’s finest
Prior to his work with ARA, Thrift held various executive management, marketing and sales positions within the ag industry, primarily at American Cyanamid and BASF.
This award is presented annually to an individual whose talents and accomplishments have fundamentally advanced the agricultural retail industry and have been acknowledged for accomplishments over the course of their career.
A new award added this year was the AgGateway and ARA Technology Award. Winfield Solutions received the award for its R-7 tool, which is a precision farming solution that enables variable-rate prescription for seed, crop protection and crop nutrient applications. As the winner of the contest, the company explained its product during a Technology Breakout Session on Nov. 28. All ARA members were invited earlier in the year to submit nominations for a new technology to be featured during a breakout session. The membership then voted on ARA’s website for the winner. AgGateway presented Winfield Solutions with a $1,000 check to the charity of Winfield’s choice.
What has become an annual award presented by the AGCO Application Equipment division during the conference and expo, is the Operator of the Year Award. Mark Sharitz, director of marketing for the division, introduced the four finalists and the award winner, Glen Slabaugh, applicator operator for Clunette Elevator Co. in Leesburg, Ind. The winner each year is chosen based on his commitment to the profession, performance in the field and community involvement.
- Weed seed present at harvest offers weed control opportunity
- Corn harvest pace picks up, but…
- New insect management knowledge program from Monsanto
- Why is micronutrient availability so patchy in a field?
- Monsanto issues comment on Oregon and Montana GM wheat
- Crop traders are awaiting today's big USDA reports
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto