ARA: How does ARA help your business?
Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasures (SPCC): Worked with EPA and an industry coalition to raise a facility’s minimum volume stored amount of oil to 10,000 gallons before requiring a Professional Engineer certification and inspection under the SPCC Rule. EPA initially set this limit at 1,320 gallons.
Water Resources Development Act (WRDA): ARA and allied organizations secured passage of the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA), authorizing much needed improvements to lock and dam systems. The bill also addresses flood control, hurricane protection, water supply and irrigation.
Ag Labor: Joined other agricultural groups in persuading the Department of Labor (DOL) to withdraw a proposed regulation regarding farm employment of minors after convincing the agency those restrictions would unfairly impact family farms.
Product Availability: Worked to obtain deregulation of many new seed traits, including biotech seed for crops such as alfalfa and sugar beets. ARA testimony was also provided at key regulatory hearings to help ensure crop inputs, such as atrazine, stay in the marketplace.
Protecting GPS Systems: Worked with lawmakers and an industry coalition to block efforts by LightSquared to implement a new broadband service that would have caused major interference to GPS systems critical to agriculture productivity.
ADDITIONAL ARA MEMBER BENEFITS
The public policy work that ARA does on behalf of agricultural retailers and distributors is our number one priority. However, if your company is an ARA member, your business also receives these additional benefits and resources from the association.
Networking: Collaborate with fellow industry peers; discover opportunities and identify solutions to challenges for the agricultural industry.
Policy Influence: ARA represents all aspects of your business in Washington, D.C., with Congress and federal agencies.
Strength: With more than 6,500 retail locations and growing, ARA is the largest retailer/distributor organization in America representing with one united voice—you and the agricultural industry.
Information: Access to critical information is at your fingertips 24/7 through our state-of-the-art website and mobile app at www.aradc.org. Timely and relevant updates are provided to ARA members through our biweekly Retailer Fact$ newsletter and Member Alerts.
Interpretation: ARA works closely with federal agencies to provide clarity to new regulations and offer information to ARA members in a format that’s easy to read and understand.
- CF Industries terminates merger discussions with Yara Intl.
- Abengoa celebrates grand opening of its first biofuels plant
- NAWG calls for more biotech wheat research
- Iowa leaders issue critical statement on EPA’s WOTUS rule
- GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Automated imaging system looks underground to improve crops
- Take That, Red Baron
- Understand and adapt to different communication styles
- Offshore wind farms are the future, says Statkraft CEO
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals