ARA: ARA Testifies at Hearing on West Fertilizer
E. Reassessing CFATS small facility compliance burdens.
House Committee on Homeland Security Chairman, Rep. Patrick Meehan (Pa.) meets with IRM’s Tip O’Neill, J.R. Simplot’s Paul Derig, and Richard Gupton and Michael Kennedy of ARA. ARA applauded the current DHS leadership in making great strides in reforming the current CFATS program and outreach efforts but noted much more needs to take place as Derig explained in the outlined points.
ARA has been working closely with federal and state agencies to further educate and provide services to support agricultural retailers in their quest to maintain regulatory compliance and a prof itable business, while serving America’s farmers. ARA recently hosted a retailer tour to educate congressional staff and regulators on the importance of how ag retailers operate after the West Fertilizer accident.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) inspectors, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulators, congressional staff, Maryland Off ice of Plant Industries and Pest Management and former chair of the Chemical Safety Board (CSB) toured the facilities of CPS, Growmark and Willard Agri-Service.
ARA continues to monitor the situation in West and is coordinating with regulators and other industry allies on working toward improved safer fertilizer handling and is actively involved in additional steps that might be necessary to prevent similar incidents in the future.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.