ARA: ARA Testifies at Hearing on West Fertilizer
E. Reassessing CFATS small facility compliance burdens.
House Committee on Homeland Security Chairman, Rep. Patrick Meehan (Pa.) meets with IRM’s Tip O’Neill, J.R. Simplot’s Paul Derig, and Richard Gupton and Michael Kennedy of ARA. ARA applauded the current DHS leadership in making great strides in reforming the current CFATS program and outreach efforts but noted much more needs to take place as Derig explained in the outlined points.
ARA has been working closely with federal and state agencies to further educate and provide services to support agricultural retailers in their quest to maintain regulatory compliance and a prof itable business, while serving America’s farmers. ARA recently hosted a retailer tour to educate congressional staff and regulators on the importance of how ag retailers operate after the West Fertilizer accident.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) inspectors, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulators, congressional staff, Maryland Off ice of Plant Industries and Pest Management and former chair of the Chemical Safety Board (CSB) toured the facilities of CPS, Growmark and Willard Agri-Service.
ARA continues to monitor the situation in West and is coordinating with regulators and other industry allies on working toward improved safer fertilizer handling and is actively involved in additional steps that might be necessary to prevent similar incidents in the future.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta