ARA Regulatory Update: A Pollution Diet for the Gulf of Mexico?
The Chesapeake Bay TMDL has been described by EPA as “a model for watershed protection in other parts of the country,” so it would likely form the basis for a Mississippi River watershed TMDL that EPA might be forced to establish as a result of the two lawsuits filed in March. Given the stakes, agriculture groups in the Gulf region should be aware of this recent litigation. It may also be possible for agriculture groups to intervene in one or both of these cases. The Gulf Restoration Network litigation is particularly ripe for intervention because it involves the question of whether EPA acted reasonably in rejecting a nation-wide nitrogen and phosphorous standard in favor of a cooperative, state-by-state approach to the problem. Agriculture groups may want to add their perspective to the growing debate about how to best address nutrient runoff from agricultural operations.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.