Top 10 new products of 2013
Apivar kills up to 99 percent of Varroa mites in one application; it has proven safe and effective; it leaves no significant residues in hive products; and it is convenient and easy to use.”
Varroa mites damage honeybees by feeding off their haemolymph (blood), particularly at the larval stage, where they weaken the host bees and introduce other diseases, viruses and bacteria.
Several research projects conducted by scientists in the U.S., Canada and many European and Asian nations have demonstrated Apivar’s safety and eff ectiveness when used in accordance with instructions. Similarly, other studies have proven that residues of Apivar’s active ingredient in honey and wax consistently fall below the limits of detection, and are well below the strict limits allowed by many regulatory bodies, notably the U.S. EPA and the European Medicines Agency.
Apivar’s long-acting, low-dose formulation means that when beekeepers handle and apply the product as directed, they can be confident they will not be exposed to any hazardous compounds. Apivar does not emit vapors into the beehive atmosphere or the surrounding environment during application, nor does it require measuring, mixing or any complicated application procedures.
Véto-pharma S.A. is a veterinary pharmaceutical company that develops and markets innovative products to help commercial and hobbyist beekeepers prevent and control hive diseases and improve honeybee health. Véto-pharma’s products are sold to beekeepers through distributors in North America, Europe and Asia. With headquarters in Paris, the company’s U.S. operations are based in New York, N.Y. AG
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company