Water Efficiency Key to Irrigating
And finally, efficient water delivery products are not limited to pivot irrigation companies as noted by CertainTeed’s announcement of the company’s restrained-joints and PVC sled couplings, risers and mainline pipe—all of which produce a more efficient closed system for piped water delivery. The company is quick to note the ideal design of its system for row crop and turf grass use.
“Certa-Set’s sled couplings provide a hydraulic pressure seal that eliminates leaky joints, conserves water and reduces the possibility of crop loss due to puddling,” said Mark Brunni, product marketing manager for the CertainTeed Pipe & Foundations Group. He also claims, Certa-Set operates at 20 percent less friction than aluminum, lowering pumping costs, and has a distribution uniformity of 84 percent versus 70 percent for comparable aluminum systems.”
In total, every company that has anything to do with irrigated-crop production is looking for ways to improve water-use efficiency by crops and water delivery systems.
- Vermont lawmakers send GMO food-labeling law to governor
- China releases its first report on agricultural outlook
- Novozymes to open new R&D center in U.S.
- CLA participates in forum for ESA consultations for pesticides
- CHS partners to build fertilizer warehouse at Hamberg, N.D.
- Federal agencies, others dispute stover ethanol conclusion
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants