Water Efficiency Key to Irrigating
And finally, efficient water delivery products are not limited to pivot irrigation companies as noted by CertainTeed’s announcement of the company’s restrained-joints and PVC sled couplings, risers and mainline pipe—all of which produce a more efficient closed system for piped water delivery. The company is quick to note the ideal design of its system for row crop and turf grass use.
“Certa-Set’s sled couplings provide a hydraulic pressure seal that eliminates leaky joints, conserves water and reduces the possibility of crop loss due to puddling,” said Mark Brunni, product marketing manager for the CertainTeed Pipe & Foundations Group. He also claims, Certa-Set operates at 20 percent less friction than aluminum, lowering pumping costs, and has a distribution uniformity of 84 percent versus 70 percent for comparable aluminum systems.”
In total, every company that has anything to do with irrigated-crop production is looking for ways to improve water-use efficiency by crops and water delivery systems.
- Farm Market iD releases 2013 Land and Grower Database
- Even in isolated, pristine Tasmania, pressure for GMO farming
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- Maire Tecnimont to build $1.6 billion U.S. fertilizer plant
- Corn price premiums continue to fade