Precision Ag Survey and Manufacturer Views
Hemisphere GPS is the most recent example of a company showing financial faith in the growth of precision ag technology, by selling its non-agricultural operations but keeping the ag business, to “capitalize on the rapidly expanding market opportunities in agriculture,” as Rick Heiniger, president of the company, explained.
The same financial success seems to be occurring for most precision ag technology manufacturers. Plus, the ag retailers that are stepping up to the plate to adopt and invest and sell a wide array of services to farmers appear to be doing well, too. And the industry in general should be having success five years from now. The precision ag manufacturers say there isn’t any way to turn away from the inevitable.
- Granular completes nationwide beta testing; signs first customers
- Concerns grow over damage to EU wheat crop quality
- Davis Equipment is celebrating 50 years in business
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday