Sales & Marketing: To grow your company, grow your culture
Reinforcement of the values and recognizing, rewarding and celebrating the avatars of the values is the beginning of sustainment. Catching people doing something right on a regular basis is more valuable than only pointing out the violations. One client of ours required managers to recognize every direct report for giving some positive display every month. That takes a lot of effort, but the results can be significant. Another client recognizes a few employees every month in front of the entire company for great examples of living out the culture and values.
If you recently compiled your company objectives and you’re missing cultural objectives, go back to the drawing board and clarify what you want and need in the organization’s culture to be in order for it to be optimized and empower your people to make the changes needed to get it into shape.
On the platform with a president of one of the oldest Fortune 500’s, I asked what were the highest priority keys to such a long running and successful company and how did managing the values and culture play into his role. He said, “The values are the key to our success, and maintaining them and reinforcing them is my highest priority.”
Mark Faust is a growth advisor, professional speaker and founder of Echelon Management International, a growth and turnaround consulting firm. His new book "Growth or Bust! Proven Turnaround Strategies To Grow Your Business" is available at all Barnes and Noble stores or contact 513.791.5158 or MDavis@BN.com for quantity discounts.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture