2012: Where the Parties Stand
The platform called for developing all possible domestic energy resources, including conventional and alternative sources. It supported the domestic invention, production and marketing of clean energy technologies, advanced vehicles, fuel economy standards and greater use of natural gas for transportation. It also called for infrastructure investment to speed the transition to cleaner fuels in transportation, expediting the approval process for oil and gas pipelines and new exploration and production. At the same time, the party called for preserving sensitive public lands from exploration and reducing tax subsidies to "Big Oil."
The platform called for long-term investments in infrastructure, including roads, bridges, rail, public transit, airports, ports and sewers and endorsed the current administration's efforts to reform and better leverage how dollars are spent.
The platform endorsed recently signed trade agreements and the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement under negotiation, while emphasizing the need for workers' rights and environmental protection as well as fighting unfair trade practices.
This plank affirmed the science of climate change and committed to significantly reducing the pollution that causes it. It endorsed fuel standards that limit greenhouse gas emissions from vehicles, investments in clean energy and carbon pollution limits for fossil fuel fired power plants. The platform endorsed working with local communities to conserve publicly-owned lands; expanding funding for conserving and restoring forests, grasslands and wetlands; protection of National Parks; and restoring rivers, oceans, coasts and watersheds. It promised to preserve landscapes, ecosystems and open more lands and waters for hunting, fishing and recreation.
For more information on both political party platforms, visit their respective websites:
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Junge Control Inc.