2011 New Product of the Year Awards: Editors' Choice Top 10
The fifth annual AgProfessional Editors’ Choice New Product of the Year Award winners have been selected for 2011. These 10 products represent the best, newest, most innovative products introduced in 2011 for sale or use by the ag retailer market and consulting industry, according to the editors of AgProfessional.
The editorial staff selected 10 new products that we think offer the greatest advances in technology or chemistry. We think these innovative products deserve the highest recognition as 2011 New Products of the Year.
As we have in the past, we based the winning selections on the facts and information provided to us in news releases, background materials and media presentations. We never solicit entries for the list of Top 10 new products. We gather information without regard to the financials already achieved but do evaluate what we think is the long-term sales potential and impact on agriculture.
It is never easy choosing from the dozens of new products introduced every year. Many new products and product upgrades were announced during the year with news releases and various methods of contact by companies and their public relations agencies. Each year some of the products stand out as exceptional and as potential industry changing. The new products had to be announced during late December 2009 through mid-November 2010, which allows time to pick the winners for publication in this end-of-year issue of AgProfessional.
The winning companies/products were introduced with stimulating information that showed each company’s excitement about introducing a revolutionary product or a major upgrade and specifically targeting the audience of AgProfessional magazine—crop consultants, farm managers and ag retailers. The Top 10 products have the potential to earn income or be sold by the magazine’s target audience; therefore, products targeted only to farmers and producers do not fare well in our evaluation.
The judging was done by Richard Keller, editor, and Colleen Scherer, managing editor. The product award winner announcements originally appeared on www.AgProfessional.com, most of them in the new product section, not in the magazine; they also were announced in either “AgProfessional Weekly” or “Dealer Update” weekly e-newsletters.
We congratulate all of the companies selected and will proudly present each of the company winners with an award plaque to commemorate their winning a 2011 Editors’ Choice New Product of the Year Award.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ports and River Receiving Systems