V5 fungicide applications to corn
Different active ingredients and formulations of fungicides are being offered by the biggest crop protection pesticide manufacturers and many smaller companies. The fungicides come from two classes of chemistry — strobilurins and triazoles.
Strobilurin fungicides have been the most common class of chemistry for use in corn — the market leaders have been Headline, Quadris and Stratego. Several companies also are selling strobilurin family products with their own benefits. Evito is an example from Arysta LifeScience that the company touts as being rainfast quicker than other products and formulated at an extremely low use rate.
The combination of a triazole and a strobilurin have been registered for use in the last two years — examples being Headline AMP, Quilt Xcel and Stratego YLD.
The strobilurins are preventive fungicides (kills spores before they germinate or just after but before the fungus penetrates the plant tissue), and the triazoles have a curative effect (stop the activity of fungus after it has infected the plant and is already utilizing the plant’s nutrients).
The combination fungicides work in tandem, but it is the strobilurins that do more than prevent infection. They provide physiological benefits that in one way or another are referred to as plant performance, explained Tedford. Physiological benefits include overall plant health and are usually seen as plants staying greener longer, stalks not lodging and ears filling out.
Tedford said, “The result is that plants are better able to reach their full genetic yield potential.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment