Dow AgroSciences buying Brazilian seed company
Dow AgroSciences LLC has signed a binding agreement to purchase Coodetec's seeds business in Brazil. The transaction is subject to certain closing conditions, including the approval by Brazilian Antitrust Authority (CADE). The completion of the transaction is estimated to occur during the fourth quarter of 2014.
Brazil is one of Dow AgroSciences' priority markets and the seeds business is of increasing importance for the company in the country. With the signing of the agreement, Dow AgroSciences confirms the company's overall strategy in Brazil to advance the development of its soybean program, strengthen the company’s position in the corn market and enter the market for wheat seeds.
- FairRent, now online, helps you find land rent values
- Earth can sustain more plant growth than previously thought
- Bayer CropScience highlights upcoming farming innovations
- Ag markets proved rather divergent Wednesday
- U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance launches new campaign
- Researchers find boron facilitates stem cell growth in corn
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease