Dow AgroSciences buying Brazilian seed company
Dow AgroSciences LLC has signed a binding agreement to purchase Coodetec's seeds business in Brazil. The transaction is subject to certain closing conditions, including the approval by Brazilian Antitrust Authority (CADE). The completion of the transaction is estimated to occur during the fourth quarter of 2014.
Brazil is one of Dow AgroSciences' priority markets and the seeds business is of increasing importance for the company in the country. With the signing of the agreement, Dow AgroSciences confirms the company's overall strategy in Brazil to advance the development of its soybean program, strengthen the company’s position in the corn market and enter the market for wheat seeds.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?