Clear Path Ag weather content system introduced
Iteris, Inc., a leader in providing intelligent traffic management and weather information solutions, has introduced ClearPath Ag, a data-driven, premium weather content system for precision agriculture. Iteris’ cloud-based software solution provides actionable, field-level weather information needed for data-driven decision making for efficient crop management, risk reduction and mitigation, and resource allocation.
ClearPath Ag is the latest development from the ClearPath API platform, a scalable, high-performance content platform that combines the power of big data and analytics with the experience of Iteris’ in-house staff of farmers, agronomists, meteorologists and data scientists. This new technology is able to support agribusinesses—from retailers and manufacturers to crop consultants and the growers themselves—with critical tools and information needed for optimal crop management.
“The official release of our ClearPath Ag technology marks the first stepping stone in our strategy to align services and products with complementary adjacent markets,” said Abbas Mohaddes, president and CEO of Iteris. “The ClearPath Ag suite brings a tremendous value proposition to the precision ag marketplace, as it should enhance decision making for agribusinesses to maximize crop yields, minimize risk, and improve compliance reporting.
“This value proposition is further demonstrated by our recently established partnership with Agrian, a leading provider of widely adopted agri-data tracking and information systems. We look forward to the continued enhancements in our product suite and the planned upcoming release of our ClearPath Ag precision radar and mapping content, which includes soil, climatology, planting and harvesting information.”
ClearPath Ag’s high-resolution content can provide field-specific weather data down to a one kilometer by one kilometer resolution. It also provides current weather conditions, hourly and daily forecasts, and historical information, as well as additional ClearPath API data such as growing degree day, hail risk advisor, virtual rain gauge, and Nowcast.
Iteris will be demonstrating ClearPath Ag to agribusiness retailers, manufacturers, growers and software providers at precision agriculture conferences.
- Argentina seeks to export more food to sanction-hit Russia
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Tuesday
- China's carbon plans: secrecy and oversupply darken outlook
- Russian sanctions threaten both Europe's farmers and policymakers
- Ag markets are decidedly mixed at midsession Tuesday
- California’s drought worst since at least 1895
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America